This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nayar View Post
    I can't activate the desktop cube on my Dell Inspiron n5010 with intel HD graphics since the upgrade.
    In Desktop Effects | Advanced, what do you have for Compsiting type and Qt graphics system?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      In Desktop Effects | Advanced, what do you have for Compsiting type and Qt graphics system?
      OpenGL, Raster

Comment

Originally posted by Nayar View Post
        OpenGL, Raster
        I suspect your issue is the same as what I described in post #10. Try changing to Xrender and Native, that might help. Alternately, if you're comfortable with experimentation, you might try what's mentioned in the KDE mail list thread I referenced -- downgrade to an earlier version of Mesa. I haven't tried this myself, so I can't offer any hints as to how easy or difficult this might be.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
          I suspect your issue is the same as what I described in post #10. Try changing to Xrender and Native, that might help. Alternately, if you're comfortable with experimentation, you might try what's mentioned in the KDE mail list thread I referenced -- downgrade to an earlier version of Mesa. I haven't tried this myself, so I can't offer any hints as to how easy or difficult this might be.
          Tried the combinations. No good .

Dunno how to downgrade mesa. Any guides to follow?

Comment

It appears downgrading to Mesa 8 is probably not possible in Kubuntu 12.10.

I'm curious which KWin you're using; most of these reports have to do with Kwin in GLES mode. Please show the output of
            Code:
            dpkg -l | awk '/kde-window/ {print $1,$2,$3}'

Comment

Code:
              ii kde-window-manager 4:4.9.2-0ubuntu2.1
              ii kde-window-manager-common 4:4.9.2-0ubuntu2.1

Comment

Ah, you're using the GLX build of KWin. This is the default for most installs, actually. All I can advise at this point is to wait: the Kubuntu folks who package KWin are working through several patches to try to solve this problem.

Comment

Working...
                X