This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma Netbook installed Standard KDE wanted

How do I change from the Plasma Netbook layout to the Standard KDE panel and desktop?

Checked 12.10 in live mode and I got the default netbook layout... Was the same when installed. I have a guess that I need to install the kubuntu-default-settings rather than the settings that are already installed...

Can anyone tell me which package I need to install and which one to remove or instructions on how to do it manually?

Cheers guys - Kubuntu is my fav...

All you should have to do is change the Workspace Type.

System Settings > Workspace Behavior > Workspace > Workspace Type and select Desktop.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks - tried that before and I still got the netbook menu at the top... Is that on a panel I can just delete and a new default one? It was very hard to get rid of it last time I tried...

Comment

Did you hit the apply button after changing? Both desktop and netbook are installed by default. Otherwise, if you really think something is screwed up, reinstall kubuntu-desktop.

Comment

See if the package kubuntu-desktop is installed. If it isn't, install it.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

To answer my own question I removed the kubuntu-netbook-default-settings package which also removed kubuntu-desktop then removed the .kde directory in my ~ then rebooted...

Worked fine thanks guys for the help anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by martinjh99 View Post
              To answer my own question I removed the kubuntu-netbook-default-settings package which also removed kubuntu-desktop then removed the .kde directory in my ~ then rebooted...

Worked fine thanks guys for the help anyway!
              The fix probably had nothing to do with removing kubuntu-netbook-default settings. Both netbook and desktop are available regardless of how you install. Removing the .kde directory, however would have wiped out whatever setting that was messed up and then the next start of kde would have re-created the folder. Anyway, I'm glad you got it working.

Comment

Working...
              X