X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrible wirless throughput.

Hi Guys,

just wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of starting to trouble shoot this issue.

I've just updated my wireless setup at home to a Billion router and am now having terribly issues with wirless throughput from my kubuntu box. Other system (win and mac) don't seem to be having any issues at all.

The network traffic seems to be totally bursty. I was trying, for example to download a podcast with wget and I would get about 3 seconds of good traffic and it would then stop dead. I would then restart the download and the same thing would happen (with varying amounts of good from 10 seconds perhaps).

I'm even having trouble getting to things like the router web interface so its a systemic problem by the looks of things.

I'm now on a wired connection and have no issues at all..

Any ideas where to start looking? I initially thought it may be because I have ipv6 turned on now, but i removed the v6 addresses and that didn't change anything, I'm at a loss as to what this is.

Thanks.

Peter.

when you reset your wireless connection in kubuntu , on the wireless setup dialog , did you check the box "is system connection "?
    I do not know why but I have had trouble before with the wireless if it is not checked

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

That looks likes that was it. FANTASTIC. Thanks so much Vinny. Never seen that switch before. What does it do?

Peter.

Comment

Don't forget to enable 802.11n either. That gives a huge speed boost when streaming locally.

Comment

Working...
        X