This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble loading wireless module

I have problems loading rtl8192ce driver. The driver does not load automatically, after login I have to do it manually by running sudo modprobe rtl8192ce.

The problem was inhereted from version 12.04 (I thought an upgrade would fix the problem; googling around didn't help either-couldn't find a solution).

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

I have compared the outputs of lsmod, and when rtl8192ce loaded, there are four new modules:

rtl8192ce, rtlwifi, mac80211, and cfg80211

I don't know if it is a significant information or not.

Comment

You might want to read this.

But basically all you need to do is add the module to the end of /etc/modules:

Code:
      echo "rtl8192ce" | sudo tee -a /etc/modules

Comment

Before posting here I tried to edit manually the /etc/modules files by adding rtl8192ce to it. I did a reboot, and nothing happened.

If I do a modprobe rtl8192ce, NetworkManager recognizes automatically the newly loaded module and prompts for a password, to connect to the wireless router. In the previous instance, although the module is loaded, I cannot connect to any wireless router - no wireless connection is visible there. Should I try to reinstall NetworkManager?

Comment

DKMS crash report

Today, making an update I found this crash report from DKMS

An error occurred while attempting to process this problem report:
          [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/var/crash/rtl8192ce-dkms.0.crash'

I attach the crash file's content.

dkms crash report.txt

Comment

Working...
          X