X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer AO751h video issues

Hello guys,

couple of weeks back I installed Kubuntu 12.10 on my old Acer AO751h. I wanted to give it some new life and use it in school, so I don't have to carry around my heavy lenovo. So far, everything is perfect, I'm very happy with it (it is my first experience with Linux ^^).

One thing however gives me trouble. I'm not sure if I have the proper graphics driver. The resolution and everything seems fine, but when I want to play a video (.avi,.mp4) the video is very laggy (the sound is fine though). Youtube vids are fine. I downloaded all codecs so that should be fine as well.

If anyone has any idea and could help, that would be awesome. Pls remember that I'm a complete noob when it comes to Linux so pls be patient with me ^^

Thank you!

According to Acer's support site, it uses Intel GMA500 (a.k.a. Poulsbo) graphics.

Unfortunately, this is based on PowerVR technology rather than Intel's own tech, and has very limited Linux support (no 3D capability, and no hardware video acceleration). It's likely that there isn't anything you can do to improve video playback with that hardware

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupp...eoCardsPoulsbo
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Noooooo! I don't wanna go back to win... I like Kubuntu! :/

Oh well, thanks for help )

Comment

Working...
      X