This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My tablet is going to be useless after changing from 10.04 to 12.10

Due to problems with software compatibility (libgcc+, ...) I had decided to make a fresh and clean install of 12.10 with nvidia-drivers, which I need for opengl.
    Since then I've got two serious problems with my convertible (Toshiba Tecra M7 with a NVidia G110 GPU) >

On my 10.04 install I had used some scripts for cloning the lcd-output to vga and rotating the screen.

Before I have used xrandr and xsetwacom to rotate the screen, but I found in systemsettings an option to set the xinput-pen to automatically rotate with the screen.
    Although my pen works as it should, this feature doesn't work !!! First fault ...

Second bad thing is, that with 10.04 with xrandr I've got no problems to clone the main-screen to a beamer connected to the vga-port. but now this also doesn't work anymore.
    the problem here is that my laptob can't read the edid-information (neither xrandr nor read-edid) from the beamer. Also newmode and addmode option aren't accepted and therefore the only allowed screen modes are 640x480 ... (Some other beamers work but not those we have installed in the main-rooms)

I wonder why this works all fine with 10.04 and let me feel very angry because I need too much time for configuration and experimenting now ...

What version of nVidia driver are you using?

Comment

Hello,

currently there ist the 304 driver installed. I'd tried to downgrade to 173 some days ago, but apt-get won't let me do it due to some incompatibilites. Perhabs I've forgotten something. Meanwhile I have learned that in our main rooms the vga-connector on the table doesn't let pass the resolution-info from the beamer. I've edited the xorg.conf to allow a wider frequence-setting to the monitor-output, so now I can drive vga with 1440x900 - thats better than 640x480, but higher than the physical resolution. But still I can't set / add any newmode with xrandr.

Thanks for trying to help me. With best regards, thomas

Comment

I'd go for the latest version, maybe even the one from the edgers ppa.
        The progress of nVidia drivers has over the recent months/ year been quite impressive.

Comment

Working...
        X