This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't print

All of a sudden, I can't print. Is there a bug in Kubuntu 12.10 regarding printing?

I already printed some pages previously, earlier in the day. The printer driver was already displayed in LibreOffice.

The Printer is a Samsung ML-2510. AFAIK, the Splix driver is already installed in the *ubuntus.

Anyway, what else can be done? I click to print and there's nothing.

I guess I have to check CUPS. I've seen this problem before. I think. Still, it's annoying.

I usually recommend opening a Browser window and typing localhost:630 and hit the Enter key. Use that interface to remove and reinstall your printer. You may need to do this more than once to get it to work.
    GigaByte GA-965G-DS3, Core2Duo at 2.1 GHz, 4 GB RAM, ASUS DRW-24B1ST, LiteOn iHAS 324 A, NVIDIA 7300 GS, 500 GB and 80 GB WD HDD

Comment

It's doing it again. As far as I'm concerned, this is a bug in Kubuntu 12.10. But, I don't know how to file a report for this. "Um, the printer just makes a noise but nothing happens. I go to the CUPS admin page but it shows 'Status: Idle - "Rendering completed" So, the signal it's getting is that nothing is wrong. Ughhhh!

Comment

As I said, remove the printer and then reinstall it.
        GigaByte GA-965G-DS3, Core2Duo at 2.1 GHz, 4 GB RAM, ASUS DRW-24B1ST, LiteOn iHAS 324 A, NVIDIA 7300 GS, 500 GB and 80 GB WD HDD

Comment

Working...
        X