X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trackpad enabled on startup

Hi,

I have recently installed Kubuntu on my wife's Acer Aspire One netbook. I have everything working the way that I want except when I start the machine, I am forced to hit Fn+F7 every time to enable my trackpad. I would like the trackpad to just work on startup because this is my wife's machine. This was not an issue with Windows 7, but it seems to happen on every distribution I have tried thus far. Since I plan on sticking with Kubuntu, I figured this might be the place to ask my question. I am running kubuntu 12.10.

So far I have tried to following:

1. Finding the trackpad:
    xinput list
    ↳ ETPS/2 Elantech Touchpad id=12 [slave pointer (2)]

2:
    Getting the track pad properties:
    xinput list-props 12 | grep [Ee]nabled
    Device Enabled (144): 1

3:
    Toggling enabled 0 and 1 several times.
    xinput set-prop 12 144 0

This does not enable the trackpad. Once I hit Fn+F7 just once, the trackpad becomes enabled, and after that I can set the properties on the trackpad to be enabled/disabled and it works as expected. It's not a huge problem, just a minor annoyance.

Thanks for your help!

Chris

see if you have both , kde-config-touchpad & xserver-xorg-input-synaptics installed .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Hi,

apt-get is saying that I have the newest version of both of those pieces of software.

Thanks,
      Chris

Comment

Hi All,

This little issue bothered me so I spent some time googling it, and the answer can be found here:
        http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2020719&page=4

The last post in the thread fixed the issue for me. Blacklist acer-wmi in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf and restart the computer. You have to hit Fn+f7 on the first reboot, but I haven't had to hit it on subsequent reboots.

Thanks,
        Chris

Comment

Working...
        X