This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Telepathy broken?

I was testing a daily image ( 9/28 ) to see if everything had settled down, and tried to use the included copy of KDE Telepathy to sign into my jabber.org account.

It fails with an "Authentication failed" error, and tells me to check my password. Trying to log in brings up a big empty box with an OK button. Clicking it makes the program crash.

Is anyone else getting this? Are there workarounds?
    Last edited by DaemonFC; Sep 28, 2012, 10:07 AM.

I don't know, I seldom use jabber, but I do have an account I am logged in to using KTP. I do at times have the error you see but it is seldom, and for me not any different from Kopete. I switched from a local jabber server to jabber.org, and I never had authentication errors until I switched,

Comment

I've noticed an increase in unpredictability at jabber.org, which is partially explained by several recent notices.

Comment

I get that regularly with my GMal talk account, though it still connect ok.

Not terribly impressed with telepathy so far.

Comment

Originally posted by DaemonFC View Post
          It fails with an "Authentication failed" error, and tells me to check my password. Trying to log in brings up a big empty box with an OK button. Clicking it makes the program crash.
          Make sure KWallet is enabled. If that fixes it. It's a known issue and fixed in 0.5.1 which should hit Kubuntu before Kubuntu's release.
          (but you want Kwallet enabled anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by d_ed View Post
            It's a known issue and fixed in 0.5.1 which should hit Kubuntu before Kubuntu's release.
            That's good to know...

Comment

Working...
            X