X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d_ed View Post
    Well that's not going to help fix it.
    Make sure to try it again sometime. (and enable kwallet!)
    I always use kwallet, that was the annoying thing - once a connection failed it would assume the password needed to be rentered.

However I have tried it again on a fresh install of 12.10 Beta2. Working *much* better, copes with connections dropouts fine, no more bugging me.

I do find the settings painful to access, they are not accessed in a way consistent with the usual KDE ui. But once set, thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpaw View Post
      I do find the settings painful to access, they are not accessed in a way consistent with the usual KDE ui. But once set, thats it.
      Could you elaborate? Which setting, and where did you initially look/expect to find them?

Comment

Originally posted by d_ed View Post
        Could you elaborate? Which setting, and where did you initially look/expect to find them?
        general Settings, such as my auto aways status, away message etc. To get to it I have to:

- Right Click the "Instant Messaging Presence" tray icon
        - Choose Contact List
        - Click the Config Wrench
        - Click the General Tab

I'm not sure why I have to go through the contact list to get to general settings. I would have expected just to click settings in the first right click menu, but that just gets me the standard default Plasma widget settings.

Thanks - Lindsay

Comment

Okay, another feedback post

System: Kubuntu 12.04 with backports enabled. Incoming friend request doesn't say which presence it's for, nor does it honor the "Deny" choice. On next boot the request is back, and I can't figure out for the life of me how to block it for good. Or how to flat out deny ALL friend requests.

This is with a little icon in the systray, looks like a small "person" icon with a plus on it. Right-clicking shows a little tooltip "Received contact requests" with a menu entry below "Request from ... >".

Comment

Working...
          X