X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koriun View Post
    Hello,

I would like to use KDE native IM instead of pidgin. But the problem is that kopete can't access to network via proxy.
    And Telepathy which is going to replace kopete also cannot access to network via proxy too.

For several protocols (ICQ, Facebook, googletalk) there are proxy setting, but it is not well designed and it is seems that set value is not used (No connection to networks)

i can do any kind of checks/tests to be helpful to KDE Telepathy project.

yep, I need proxy support as well.. I was able to use gtalk in kopete behind proxy using a different server and a different port (443) but it is no more possible.

another thing I haven't found in telepathy is the icon in the tray area.. any hint to enable it?

Comment

Originally posted by lucazade View Post
      yep, I need proxy support as well.. I was able to use gtalk in kopete behind proxy using a different server and a different port (443) but it is no more possible.

another thing I haven't found in telepathy is the icon in the tray area.. any hint to enable it?
      Also in many cases it is not possible to overwrite default server/port.

@lucazade: are you sure that u used gtalk behind proxy ?

Comment

right click on the systray's arrow, select System Tray Settings, It can be added under the Extra Items section

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
          right click on the systray's arrow, select System Tray Settings, It can be added under the Extra Items section
          You think it can be there. but it is not there.

Comment

You think it can be there. but it is not there.
            Are you running 12.10? Not that it is any different in 12.04
            make sure you have installed plasma-widget-telepathy-presence, which should have been brought in when installing kde-telepathy

Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	640038

Comment

Are you running 12.10? Not that it is any different in 12.04
              make sure you have installed plasma-widget-telepathy-presence, which should have been brought in when installing kde-telepathy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3540[/ATTACH]
              Goooood.

But there is one problem with telepathy tray icon.
              Secondary click on that icon doesn't close(hide) opened "Telepathy Contact List" window, like other applications (amarok, skype, kmail,...)

The main problem I have with Telepathy is connection behind of proxy.
              Can anybody connect via proxy ? or Telepathy doesnt support proxy ?!

Comment

Also in many cases it is not possible to overwrite default server/port.

@lucazade: are you sure that u used gtalk behind proxy ?
                yep, i'm sure.. I used telepathy on Ubuntu/gtk and used gmail.com as server and 443 as port (ssl port usually is not blocked in ISA proxies)
                unfortunately google closed this server as gtalk entrypoint :S

Comment

ah great.. I haven't seen it before. tnx for pointing this out!

Comment

yep, i'm sure.. I used telepathy on Ubuntu/gtk and used gmail.com as server and 443 as port (ssl port usually is not blocked in ISA proxies)
                    unfortunately google closed this server as gtalk entrypoint :S
                    You can use talk.google.com:443, Pidgin connect to it well.

Comment

Is there a Telepathy 0.4 for 12.04? I have the beta ppa installed and kde 4.9, but telepathy is still only 0.3

Comment

It's in the Kubuntu Backports PPA.

Comment

I have Telepathy 0.4 on precise (trough backports) but on google chat I can get no file transfer or video chat (regular chat works fine)......file transfer was working on the 0.3 ver.
                          maby some leftover configs in the way as I had removed/purged the 0.3 ver but upon installing the 0.4 ver it already had my google act. set up ? strange as I had done a purge

VINNY
                          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                          16GB RAM
                          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Hello Guys,

In the pre-realease of 12.04 version of Kubuntu I wrote that "Telepathy is not connecting". No good answers I had received that moment to resolve my problem, however last days ago I discoreved the problem which was affecting Telepathy to no conect to any place. Telepathy seems to work only if you enable KWallet. Enabling the KWallet I could connect to any place. I'm using today KDE Telepathy 0.4. Amasing version, webcam and audio working fine and I thing it should be the default messenger to next version of my sweet love OS Kubuntu! However, may consider use it without KWallet!

Comment

well I removed my google talk acct from Telepathy then remade it and I can text chat, audio chat, but video chat crashes as soon as it connects .......O and file transfer dose not work

this is on precise KDE-4.8.4 Telepathy-0.4 through backports-PPA

VINNY
                              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                              16GB RAM
                              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                                well I removed my google talk acct from Telepathy then remade it and I can text chat, audio chat, but video chat crashes as soon as it connects .......O and file transfer dose not work

this is on precise KDE-4.8.4 Telepathy-0.4 through backports-PPA

VINNY
                                One way to pinpoint if the Google Chat issue is with Telepathy would be to see if video chat works in Google+ or via other online Google services like GMail. If not, the issue wouldn't likely be with Telepathy but if it does work with Google in general but not Telepathy then we maybe can get closer to an answer.
                                ​"Keep it between the ditches"
                                K*Digest Blog
                                K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X