This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muon updater

12.04: I used to have--and I used--the Muon updater icon, but now I'm not getting the Muon updater icon in system tray (over on the right, bottom of screen). I open Muon, check for updates, and apparently see none. Yet, I keep getting a pop-up at top of screen, an info-box_whatever, telling me I have software updates. Any way I can restore this handy updater icon? (I tried a few things ...)
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Here (yes, in 14.04, but...) I have muon-updater and muon-notifier installed.

muon-notifier
    The Muon Notifier is an update notification daemon for KDE. It uses the KDE Daemon frame (KDED) framework to present the user with update notifications, providing an opportunity to launch the Muon Updater to deal with these updates.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks. I checked, and I also have installed
      muon-updater and muon-notifier,
      as well as
      update-manager-kde

Strange, it HAS been working fine. But the other day I saw 3 software updates (I think kernel firmware), and today I saw 9 software updates available: These updates appeared in a pop-up info box on my screen. But not the green-round-cog-tooth-updater in the tray to click. I open Muon, Check for updates -- no updates appearing there! I.e., the info-notifier appears to be fooling me?

Maybe I need a PC re-start ... I'll certainly do that, now, in any case (system has been on many weeks w/o re-start).
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Muon Package Manager > Settings > Configure Muon Package Manager... > Notifications and check Show notificaitons for available updates
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yes, that has been checked, and then recently I checked that somehow it hadn't "un-checked" itself ...

Comment

It worked OK this morning with an upgrade. The only thing different is that I did do a PC re-boot yesterday. We'll see. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X