Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm...It didn't happen to my 12.04 LTS. I'm really curious what removed Kontact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Comment

Ok.. after some further investigation I beleive the qt qdbus issue here was caused by two versions of qt4 being installed on the same machine (an i386 and an amd64 version.) This was likely left over from an earlier i386 install that didn't get completely removed. Since this machine is my main production desktop, in the interest of time I elected to overwrite the entire install with a new trusty amd64 install and restore the items I needed. Now everything seems to be working properly.

...and thanks again snowhog for getting me on the right path to finding my issue.

cheers,
      bill
      Last edited by bweinel; May 04, 2014, 12:17 PM.
      sigpic
      A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new. --Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by life0riley View Post
        Hmm...It didn't happen to my 12.04 LTS. I'm really curious what removed Kontact.
        it was the security upgrades. i usually do them through synaptic, and i noticed that Kontact (as well as a whole slew of other things) were being removed, but i figured that, once they were removed, either there was something else to replace them, or that i would be able to replace them once the security upgrades were done...

a bad assumption on my part, but it all worked out okay in the end...
        ⇑ Hybrid Elephant
        http://www.hybridelephant.com/
        ⇓ The world's finest exotic incense

Comment

Working...
        X