This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forwarding full HTML emails with Kmail

I'm using Kmail (version 4.12.3) and I'm looking for a way to correctly forward HTML messages without them being converted to plain text.

I have received an email written in HTML, with a couple of attachments, and I need to forward it to some contacts of mine. But I can't find a way to forward it exactly as I have received it, with properly formatted text and including the attachments: anytime I try to send it, it is always converted to plain text, it displays all HTML tags along with the proper text, and the attached files are put in the mail body, converted to their corresponding hexadecimal code.
    So, basically, it is unreadable.

I can't find anywhere an option to force Kmail to use HTML and preserve an email's original format when forwarding.

Anyone can help?

KMail > Settings > Configure KMail... > Composer > General > Format and check Reply or forward using HTML if present
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It is already checked, but the forwarded email is still sent as plain text.

Comment

I noticed that the problem was because the original message was forwarded "as attachment" instead of "inline"; that way, it was displayed as plain text on the body of the mail.

If I choose to forward it "inline", it will properly send it; the problem is that the forward button on the toolbar by default chooses "as attachment" instead of "inline". I know that I can simply press the F key to use this option, but I'm used to click on the buttons and if I don't think about it, I will surely make this mistake again.

Is there some way to change the default behaviour of the toolbar "forward" button?

Comment

Originally posted by sekhemty View Post
          Is there some way to change the default behaviour of the toolbar "forward" button?
          I'm not aware of a way to change the default (doesn't mean it doesn't exist), but you can replace the default "forward" button with "inline" button in kmail>Settings>Configure toolbars. (you can also rename the "inline" button to "Forward", if you prefer).

Comment

what Kubicle said

woodsmoke
            sigpic
            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
            X