This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you run program in debug mode???

Got issues with dvdstyler and need to run it in debug mode and see what's up with it. Problem is that I have no idea how. I've got codeblocks installed and I'm a little lost with it as well.

So if anyone could be so kind as to point me in the right direction, I'd be most grateful.
    Last edited by charles052; Nov 12, 2013, 11:46 PM.

I don't think you can unless the program was compiled with the debug option enabled. That said, you can get some information if you launch it from a console. What problem(s) are you experiencing?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Crashing and core dumps after trying to transcode, all file types. Can't find a proper solution anywhere. I've tried installing the old Dvdstyler, installed the new... same exact problem consistently. Thing is, I didn't have this issue with my 1st 12.04 install, only this one on my SSD.

Comment

Well, I went ahead a purged what I could, deleted all the depackaged tar.gz files I had and then redid the whole thing from scratch from the archived .tar.gz files. I also used "checkinstall" instead of "make install" this time. Everything seems to work like a charm now. The only hint of something being wrong was when checkinstall was installing DVDstyler, apparently, the 'DVD' was capitalized in some file or something and it wasn't supposed to be. Checkinstall corrected it on the go and that was that.

Let's hope it stays fixed.

Comment

Working...
        X