X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rednotebook: cannot load backups

Hello all,

After reinstalling kubuntu LTS I added re added rednoteback up. Now I have a year of backups and text files that I saved on dropbox for this exact situation.

Now when I open RNB then 'open' and select the folder that all the back ups are in, they are all greyed out and I cannot select them. How do add these files to the program? I have carefully backed up my RNB files and now want to add them to the fresh install.

Any ideas?

What is rednotebook?

My first guess is that your files have ownership or permissions differences from the previous install.

Sent from my dlx using Tapatalk
    Last edited by claydoh; Nov 09, 2013, 12:35 PM.

Comment

RedNotebook is a modern journal
      It includes a calendar navigation, customizable templates, export functionality and word clouds. You can also format, tag and search your entries. RedNotebook is Free Software under the GPL.

Comment

Hi Stosskraft, I use RedNoteBook myself, it's an excellent little journal program.

When I select Journal, Open, it just goes to the folder where my journal .txt files are located (I have them saved to a Dropbox folder too). So I think it just expects you to go to the folder where the journal files are located (don't try selecting any of the greyed out .txt files themselves).

At the bottom of the Open dialog box it says: "The directory should contain your journal's data files".

BTW, I'm using a later version (1.7.2) than the one in the repository. I installed it using the following instructions I obtained from the web page: http://rednotebook.sourceforge.net/downloads.html

Code:
        sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rednotebook/stable
        sudo apt-get update
        sudo apt-get install rednotebook
        Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
        Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Hello Rod J,

Your suggestions worked, I only needed to point it to the folder. I have now moved all the file to one folder and can point RNB to there when reloading.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X