X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows disappear to the background

Hi Folks,

I have a long running problem with my windows management.
    Here is what's happening:
    - I connect an USB stick or hard disk to my USB
    - I click "open with file manager" in the removable devices dialog
    - My file manager window (konqueror) that was already open and in the foreground is pushed back below all other windows.

This is happening for years now. It's somewhat annoying but I have got used to it.

But now the Kopete windows is also infected by this strange behavior.
    Whenever I get a message in Kopete the window is pushed back, too. Only when the Kopete window has the focus it stays in foreground.

This is driving me mad!! Please help.

I am using KDE 12.04
    My window policy is set to "activate on mouse contact"; "put active window to front on click"
    Prevention for unwanted activation is: medium
    I have a German system, so the texts may differ slightly

Regards,

Paul

Try setting/checking System Settings > Window Behavior > Window Behavior > Focus stealing behavior to none.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Strange.
      Now that I played around a bit with the Focus stealing behavior. The effect is gone, no matter what I say in "Focus stealing behavior".
      The phenomena with the disappearing file manager window when clicking on a USB device still exists, though.

Wonder, if KDE will ever reach stable state But even with the numerous bugs I like it much more then Gnome.

Comment

Working...
      X