This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plama-desktop ocassionally freezes running FireFox23

Since I've upgraded my Kubuntu 12.04 with FireFox23 (I'm running KDE 4.10.5) It has caused my desktop to not respond to my mouse on a few occasions.
    Usually, I'd use Ctl+Alt+Del to bring up the logout option, log out and then log back in, avoiding a system reboot or the magic keys.
    A while ago it happened again. Instead of logging out and back in I used Alt+F2 and fired up KSysmonitor to see if I could spot something amiss. The mouse works when I use Alt+F2 to fire up specific apps.
    I didn't notice any processes sleeping or other error messages so on a lark I right moused on the plasma-desktop line and sent an INT signal.
    It worked! My desktop was immediately responsive again!
    FYI
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Ctrl+Esc launches the process monitor directly. Saves you a few steps.

This is a weird interaction. I wonder how one would go about trying to debug it...sure doesn't sound right.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      Ctrl+Esc launches the process monitor directly. Saves you a few steps.

This is a weird interaction. I wonder how one would go about trying to debug it...sure doesn't sound right.
      mmm.... I'd forgotten all about that combo, and lots of others. If you see my mind wandering by would you send it home? I dearly miss it.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X