This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunderbird fonts

How do I change the fonts in the msg area, I highlighted the text and selected a different font and
    it defauts back to sans-serif. I can make it larger and bold, but I cannot change it to a different font
    that is listed as available. Thanks richard

Hi,

Setting fonts of messages in TB can be tricky, and I'm not sure it ever worked right, but you can make it work.

First, I'll assume you're talking about changing the font of a received message that you're reading, not a message that you're writing/editing. If that's the case:

Edit>Preferences>display, set your font. If you click the advanced button, you can make further settings there. also, pay attention to the option "allow messages to use other fonts" because some senders may use fonts that you might not have (though that's rare). The thing to keep in mind:

The advanced button opens a new window. Changes you make in this window take effect as soon as you click the OK button which closes that window.

In the "regular" display/font settings window, if you make changes to font, they'll be visible in the next message you display. So if you don't see the font changing after you press OK on THIS window, move to another message and go back to the first one, you should see your changes.

If you're talking about a message you're editing, check your default composition style: In the folders pane, right-click on the server name, and select "settings" and in the new window that opens, select "composition & addressing" and make sure that "comppose HTL messages" is checked. Also, make sure that you are composing a message to someone you've designated as capable of receiving HTML messages, because if they can't, TB will always keep a monospace font in the outgoing message.

Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks, but this did not work for me, will keep trying

Comment

Working...
      X