This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't connect with a single Google Talk account with Telepathy

I'm quoting here a question that I've originally posted on Superuser, about a problem that I'm experiencing with Telepathy and a Google Talk account:

I have some problems using a Google Talk account with Telepathy for KDE. I'm using Kubuntu 12.04 and KDE 4.10.2.

I use Telepathy with multiple accounts, also some other Google Talk ones, and everything works right except for this particular account.

The problem is that it can't get connected; everytime that I try to bring it online, I get a message like "It wasn't possible to connect with {my-user-account}@gmail.com. A network error has occurred, please check you connection" (I have roughly translated it from italian, my system default language; the exact wording might be different from english version, but the meaning should be clear nonetheless).

Like I said I also have other Google Talk accounts working on Telepathy without any problems, and the said account is working fine on other clients like Kopete, Thunderbird or Pidgin, so it seems that it's not an issue from the server side.

Any clues on how to solve this?
    Can someone help me to solve this issue?

Looks like you got an answer. "Do I look fat in this avatar?" LOL

Comment

Yes, I was thinking that the problem was more complicated to solve, but it really was very silly

Comment

Working...
      X