This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stress test

Benn looking around for a good stress test program but have not found any of them in the repos. Anyone know of a good program? I used to run OCCT in windows but don't think wine will run it and not sure I would want to do it that way anyhow. Thanks
    AMD PhenomII X2 550 CPU - Asus M4A88TD-Evo - Nvidia GT640 - 4G 1333 ram - Kubuntu 13.04 - KDE 4.10.5 amd64

I did a quick Google and found this. There are several suggestions lower down in the thread. Hope that gives you some ideas.

Frank.
    Linux: Powerful, open, elegant. Its all I use.

Comment

Thanks, interesting stuff but looks a bit outdated lol. Been looking into Mprime as I keep seeing it pop up. Anyone here use that?
      AMD PhenomII X2 550 CPU - Asus M4A88TD-Evo - Nvidia GT640 - 4G 1333 ram - Kubuntu 13.04 - KDE 4.10.5 amd64

Comment

Are you looking to stress test memory, CPU, GPU, or all of them?
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

mainly CPU for overclocking stability

Comment

Take a look at cpuburn: CPU Stress Tester for Ubuntu Linux
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I actually grabbed that but not sure in what fashion to use it. I have K10 chip and the repo version only goes up to K7. Not sure if it really matters or not, hence the research

Comment

Ok, I got question concerning Virtual Box.Anyone know if you can run OCCT in Virtual Box?

Comment

Originally posted by snappwrench View Post
                  Ok, I got question concerning Virtual Box.Anyone know if you can run OCCT in Virtual Box?
                  Those tools talk directly to the hardware, which by definition isn't allowed for applications running in guest operating systems. Under certain circumstances, guests may be granted direct access to NICs and 3D graphics, but this isn't what you want to test.

Comment

Yeah that's what I figured by worth a try. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
                    X