X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dialog Box Artifacts - Scrambled

12.04 LTS
    We have three Linux boxes in this office, two Kubuntu 12.04 and 1 Ubuntu laptop - On one of the K machines, some, not all, dialog boxes --those seen/used to select from multiple files ("Open Files" dialog), get horribly scrambled when scrolling through the choices using the Mouse wheel or window scroll-bar. The dailog box clears, and becomes readable ONLY when the mouse/curser hovers over the list.

The problem seems to exist primarily in any graphical app (GIMP, Gwenview, fotoxx... etc) and Filezilla -both local, server and progress windows. Dolphin, Libre, Kate... etc. no problem.

Needless to say, being as the other K box nor the U box have this problem... Has caused me to turn this machine inside out and upside down in search for a solution to this agravating problem.

Help, suggestions... Most appreciated!

On the affected machine, what graphics card and driver are being used?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Those you are having problems with are Gtk application, which explains why the "native" KDE things are OK. One thing to try is switching the Gtk theming in System Settings >> Application Appearance >> Gtk Configuration.

If this fixes the problem, switching back to the default theme might now work.

You might also try deleting ~/.config/gtk-2.0 and ~/.config/gkt-3.0 folders with all gtk programs closed. It mightreset the theme.

Comment

THANKS for the quick solution! Changing the GTK settings did the trick. Changed to Raliegh.

This machine does have an older NVIDIA GeForce 440 card in it and I'm running the most current drivers. My other K box is slightly older but has a more up-to-date g-card. So, updating some hardware would have probably eliminated the problem from ever occurring.

Thanks again for the speedy solution

Comment

Working...
        X