This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can neither uninstall a package nor install any new package

For some reason all libreoffice3.6-dict-(any language) packages from libreoffice.org website corresponding to version 3.6.2 didn't include an installation and a post removal script so they never got installed. At that moment I thought that shouldn't be a real issue especially if I could still install any other package but then I found an even worse issue, I could neither install or remove a previous version (3.6.0) of these packages and no post removal script was found and it always keep telling me the process exited with error code 1. It doesn't matter how many times I tell apt-get or dpkg to get rid of these problem, it cannot deal with it.

ERROR: unknown sub-command sync!
    Use unopkg --help (short -h) to print all options.
    ERROR: Registration of extensions failed!

libreoffice3.6-dict-(any language) # It means it's either -en or -es or -de or -fr
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I even tried editing the "status" file but the edited version could not be read by dpkg or apt-get.

I would really appreciate if somebody could give a hint on what should I do next.
    Last edited by kyonides; Oct 29, 2012, 05:19 PM.
    Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
    Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
    Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
    Using Linux since June, 2008

It's difficult to assist with diagnosis without knowing exactly which commands you typed.

Comment

Forget it, you didn't even get the idea from the very beginning...
      Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
      Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
      Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
      Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

No we definitely did not hence the request for more information......

Comment

Working...
        X