This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
    Makes sense that the the non-Wallet behavior would be application-dependent. TBH, on desktop machines, I don't worry a whole lot about cleartext password storage either.
    Can't it use Gnome keyring as well? I thought the whole password storage thing was a desktop agnostic freedesktop.org specification that all desktops implement. I though just use Kwallet without a password.

Comment

Originally posted by dmeyer View Post
      Can't it use Gnome keyring as well? I thought the whole password storage thing was a desktop agnostic freedesktop.org specification that all desktops implement. I though just use Kwallet without a password.
      Probably. I suspect both KWallet and GNOME Keyring present DE-agnostic upper-level API interfaces to applications. The apps tell D-Bus or whatever to store a secret; then the DE-specific manager receives the request. I am kind of surmising here, though.

Comment

Hello,

I have been experiencing this as well. The workaround I found is to go into the KWallet Manager settings on system start, and to disable, then re-enable it. Then it works properly.

I care about my passwords, as this is a laptop.

I think that what is happening is that the KWallet daemon is crashing on boot. I'm trying to find out why - maybe I can fix it.

Comment

Working...
        X