This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant get my ipod to show.

im trying to get my ipod to link up to my computer. i have just installed kubuntu 12.04.

i heard that amarok will work but it doesnt even show up in armarok, i installed wine 1.5 and installed winamp and when i go to open it, it gives me a error on the bottom right of the image i posted

then i figured out how to install gtkpod and it wont even read it. when i look in my file manager it list my 2nd hd and my main hd, but doesnt even show up with my ipod(top left of the photo), so is kubuntu not reading my ipod?

does anyone have any ideas im still not being able to see my ipod when i plug it in

Comment

Originally posted by komrad View Post
      does anyone have any ideas im still not being able to see my ipod when i plug it in
      I don't have an iPod, just a standard MP3 player, so it "Just works" for me, however, my brother does and we got it to work by installing some additional software.

A good place to start would be : http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Media_Device:IPod

I can't recall exactly what software we had to install, but it had "pod" in the name if I do recall . You can try searching synaptic or apt-cache for pod or ipod.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is once you connect to Amarok, it will re write your MD5 key's on your iPod (Or someting along those lines), and you will not be able to re connect to a Windows machine without formatting the device and loosing all your data on it.
      So make sure you don't want to use iTunes again - if you are converting over to Linux from Windows/Mac, then no worries . I know my brother is quite happy with his setup.

Hope this helps!
      Joe

Comment

Working...
      X