X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFS and device notifer plasmoid

I have nfs server configured in fstab like
    nasublic /mnt/nas nfs hard,intr,user,auto 0 0

In kubuntu 11.10 I could see it in device notifer as network drive allowing to simply mount and unmount it. In kubuntu 12.04 I can see it only when I check show all devices in configuration, but then I see all other hard drives (that are not removable). Is there any way how to make it visible when show only removable devices is checked (to avoid showing another 6 devices)?

Your NFS connections should be shown on the left panel of Dolphin. If you do not want to show the Hard Drives related to home and root you can hide these entries by a right mouse click on the relevant drive and select Hide Entry . . . .

Edit....
    If you do not have the NFS connections as well as the other Hard Drives and attached devices on the left panel, then these can be shown by selecting F9 or View>Panels>Places
    Last edited by NoWorries; Jun 06, 2012, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Unfortunatelly this setting doesn't affect device notifer.

Comment

Originally posted by jxjl View Post
        Unfortunatelly this setting doesn't affect device notifer.
        For my Device Notifier Settings I only have removable devices selected. I use Dolphin to mount and unmount my NFS files. This provides the flexibility described in my previous post which is not available in the Device Notifier. I do not know the details of how you set up your NFS connections but I have found a useful guide at: http://mostlylinux.wordpress.com/network/nfshowto/

I hope you are able to get you NFS connections working to your liking.

Comment

found, that replacing default device notifer with http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=139043 partially solves my problem

Comment

Working...
          X