This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr_Bumpy View Post
    Apart from the missing "P" in "Package", it appears to be correct.
    Oops copy and paste fail. Thanks for pointing it out, updated.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
    Memory: 2x4GB Corsair Dominator
    Graphics Card: MSI R7770
    Monitor: Dell 2208WFP
    Mouse: Mionix NAOS 5000
    PSU: Corsair 520HX
    Case: Thermaltake Mozart TX
    Cooling: Thermalright TRUE Black Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Heatsink Rev C
    Hard Drives: 1x180 GB Intel 330 SSD - 1xWD 1 TB Caviar Black - 1xWD 2 TB Caviar Green - 2xWD 3 TB Caviar Green

Comment

Is it me or is it the ppa I'm using?

I added the backports ppa and upgraded to KDE4.9, on two very different computers it meant muon and the Kubuntu plasma desktop were no longer available, simple to restore with an apt-get.

Then I replaced sumski's ppa with the blue-shell one but I notice the 'save file' dialogue is no longer the KDE one including a preview etc.

So did I miss something or should I be patient?

Comment

That's weird. I didn't have any such issue on either of my machines doing the upgrade to 4.9. I also did the upgrade from VT1 while logged out of the GUI, so maybe that helped things to go more smoothly. I still don't know how much I can trust Muon with major upgrades. Anyway, I'm using the blue-shell PPA and am having no issues with the Firefox KDE integration on either my desktop or my laptop.

Comment

Slightly OT: Is there such a package for Thunderbird? I have not seen a need for it in Thunderbird..yet, but just checking since I hadn;t heard/seen of such a package for KDE/Kubuntu.
          Hard Drives: 1x180 GB Intel 330 SSD - 1xWD 1 TB Caviar Black - 1xWD 2 TB Caviar Green - 2xWD 3 TB Caviar Green

Comment

Although there was some talk on the OpenSUSE dev lists about a Thunderbird patch similar to kmozillahelper, there doesn't appear to be anything yet. I just hope that the author of Oxygen-KDE for Firefox (excellent KDE theme) finishes his Thunderbird theme someday. Thunderbird sticks out like such a sore thumb on my system.

Comment

@Xplorer4x4
              http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...l=1#post302742
              https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=749440#c9
              sigpic

Comment

I finally had some time to look at my Firefox-kde-support problem and noticed this part of the instructions:
                sudo apt-get install firefox-kde firefox-kde-support
                results in the report 'Can't find package firefox-kde'.

Comment

In the mean time I've further investigated the Muon options and found it allows to force a particular version of a package when more then one is available.
                  So I forced the ppa2 version of Blue-Shell and this prompted for the removal of the 'regular' FF version, this resulted in proper KDE file dialogues!:cool:

The next thing to do was to lock the presently installed (Blue-Shell) version of FF as to prevent it being overwritten by the common one.

In other words, the Blue-Shell way is not quite as fool-proof as what sumski did.

Comment

I believe they are doing it in the same way, but i managed to be ahead of official package (i think )
                    http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...l=1#post305140
                    Only thing that incorrectly states firefox-kde, and there's no such package
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xplorer4x4 View Post
                      1. Create a pin file: sudo nano /etc/apt/preferences.d/blue-shell-firefox-kde-pin-1000
                      2. Copy and paste this in to the file:
                      Code:
                      Package: *
                      Pin: release o=LP-PPA-blue-shell-firefox-kde
                      Pin-Priority: 1000
                      Seems to work fine for me.

The file name may not matter but I changed it for the sake of being proper and organized.
                      Hey, guys, I did this but it seems it doesn't work, because Firefox has been update to the Firefox 15 standard version :/

Comment

hy morray33,

what you can do is change the pin priority to 1001, and run apt-get update then apt-get dist-upgrade. Firefox will be downgraded, so when it's done, rechange the pin priority to 1000.

Comment

Originally posted by ti_tux View Post
                          hy morray33,

what you can do is change the pin priority to 1001, and run apt-get update then apt-get dist-upgrade. Firefox will be downgraded, so when it's done, rechange the pin priority to 1000.
                          Ok, thanks, I've done it and now I have Firefox 14 KDE and the system doesn't tells me there's an update avaliable... But, why it did before? In other computer with Kubuntu (where Firefox hasn't been uploaded yed) also tells that is an update avaliable... Why is this? I don't understand

P.S: Maybe it's because the Firefox package that I had installed was from the sumski's PPA, I don't know
                          Last edited by moray33; Aug 30, 2012, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Ok I can confirm my method is not working because I to got upgraded to Firefox 15 from Canonical to and with the upgrade I lost some functions such as opening torrents in Vuze rather then having to save then open them. Can soem one point out what was wrong with my script?

Comment

Originally posted by Xplorer4x4 View Post
                              Ok I can confirm my method is not working because I to got upgraded to Firefox 15 from Canonical to and with the upgrade I lost some functions such as opening torrents in Vuze rather then having to save then open them. Can soem one point out what was wrong with my script?
                              I'm not sure if this has sense, but maybe it's because the firefox package we had was sumki's and not Blue Shell's version... After doing what ti_tux said I have no problems.

Comment

So is sumki's fire-fox package no longer available? Should we be using Blue Shell's ppa now? I changed the sumki's pin priority to 1001, and ran apt-get update then apt-get dist-upgrade. Firefox was downgraded, but no upgrade to fire-fox 15 in sumki's ppa.

Comment

Working...
                                X