Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errg I am confused. What is the conclusion drawn from all this. What does a user have to do to use FF with kde support that is not lost?

I need to change pin numbers Yes/No?
    Lock package files? Yes/No?

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
      Just follow my recipe above using the Force and Lock option in Muon.
      This morning I noticed the blue-shell update, unlocked Firefox and Firefox-locale, forced the new version and updated.
      Then I locked them again.
      Could you expand on this a little bit more. I am having difficulty trying to find the prompt to force and lock. Thanks!

Comment

OK.
        1.You open Muon and type firefox in the search bar.
        2.Now toggle the Status so installed items are on top.
        To start select firefox and in the bottom half you select the Version tab.
        You should see several (probably 3) versions of Firefox, select the one from the ppa and at the bottom there'll be a Force button to click.
        Do the same for the Firefox-local version(s) you have installed and now Apply changes.
        When done updating go back to 1. and 2. and right click the installed Firefox and Firefox locale and select Lock Package.
        Done

Please be aware I'm running a Dutch version and a few things/tabs/buttons might have a slightly different translation in your version.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
          OK.
          1.You open Muon and type firefox in the search bar.
          2.Now toggle the Status so installed items are on top.
          To start select firefox and in the bottom half you select the Version tab.
          You should see several (probably 3) versions of Firefox, select the one from the ppa and at the bottom there'll be a Force button to click.
          Do the same for the Firefox-local version(s) you have installed and now Apply changes.
          When done updating go back to 1. and 2. and right click the installed Firefox and Firefox locale and select Lock Package.
          Done

Please be aware I'm running a Dutch version and a few things/tabs/buttons might have a slightly different translation in your version.
          Can't force (greyed out) version on my computer.

"Muon always selects the most applicable version availeble. If you force a
          different version from the default one, errors in the dependency handling can
          occur.”

Comment

Weird that it's greyed out, I've got quite a few computers with Kubuntu and none exhibits this problem.
            At the same time this could be connected to the problems you have with 'pinning'.

Maybe you've at some point done something with the wrong permissions like sudo vs. kdesudo and as a consequence access to the relevant file is blocked.
            So I would start by suggesting to remove any (stale) pin file.

Comment

I just upgraded to v17 from blue-shell ppa(confirmed it is not the gtk version as I did the upgrade over cli and watched 3 packages pulled from the blue-shell ppa). Is it just me or is middle clicking to open new tabs broken? When I click my mouse wheel to open new tabs, nothing happens. Actually I have InfoRSS Add on installed, which scrolls news from rss feeds across the top of the browser, and middle click does work there. :s I am running with add on compatibility checking disabled, because most of the time, the updates do not break compatibility. So it is possible to be an add on(I am thinking tab utilities), but just wanted to check here first.
              CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
              Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H
              Memory: 2x4GB Corsair Dominator
              Graphics Card: MSI R7770
              Monitor: Dell 2208WFP
              Mouse: Mionix NAOS 5000
              PSU: Corsair 520HX
              Case: Thermaltake Mozart TX
              Cooling: Thermalright TRUE Black Ultra-120 eXtreme CPU Heatsink Rev C
              Hard Drives: 1x180 GB Intel 330 SSD - 1xWD 1 TB Caviar Black - 1xWD 2 TB Caviar Green - 2xWD 3 TB Caviar Green

Comment

clicking the mouse wheel opens a new tab @hear(if done where a new tab should be)

VINNY
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Yeah I was jsut about to update, it's a tab utilities bug, well actually it's bugs in firefox breaking TU according to the dev.
                  Hard Drives: 1x180 GB Intel 330 SSD - 1xWD 1 TB Caviar Black - 1xWD 2 TB Caviar Green - 2xWD 3 TB Caviar Green

Comment

Originally posted by Xplorer4x4 View Post
                    I just upgraded to v17 from blue-shell ppa ... Is it just me or is middle clicking to open new tabs broken? ... I am running with add on compatibility checking disabled
                    When I ran it after the upgrade, Tab Mix plus was disabled, but I was offered a new version, which installed quickly. It gives the middle-click for me, so maybe you just need a new version of that add on.

Regards, John Little
                    Regards, John Little

Comment

Tab Mix Plus and Tab Utilities are two different add ons.

Comment

Hi everyone
                        Just wanted to let you know that firefox has been updated to v17 for Precise and Quantal. Please do post here if you find any issues, alternatively, please contact us via https://launchpad.net/~blue-shell/+contactuser

We will try and resolve your issues ASAP

Ninja Edit : Precise packages still need to be built.

Comment

I just wondering, why you build 17.0 instead of 17.0.1?

btw, 17.0.1 with patches for KDE support is available in ppa:alexey-ivanov/firefox-kde.

Comment

They *just* uploaded 17.01 , which is why we don't have it in the PPA yet, I'll upload 17.01 tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by shadeslayer View Post
                              They *just* uploaded 17.01 , which is why we don't have it in the PPA yet, I'll upload 17.01 tomorrow
                              This would be a good time to remind everyone who uses the Blue Shell PPA of the following. Because of the extra work required to recompile Mozilla's source code and test the KDE integrations with each new Firefox release, updates to the binary in the Blue Shell PPA will usually lag behind the official updates a few days. As I've discussed in various threads throughout the forum, security decisions always invole making some kind of risk trade-off. This is a perfect example of such.

Comment

In addition to Firefox, the developers also working on getting the KDE SC 4.10 betas and KDE 4.9.4 bug fix updates out, which is why updates can take a bit more time.

Comment

Working...
                                X