This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random crash to console like display with multi colors

I have twice now since I installed 12.04 experience a crash leaving me to hard reset the laptop. First time was during a boot and the second time was shortly after a login. My laptop crashes to a console like display looking like the old commodore 64 or arcade games when they boot up. All messed up sqaures flickering on the display with a cursor flashing in the top left corner.

It doesn't happen frequently (thankfully) but still I would like to get it resolved. If anybody can advice me where to start looking for log files etcetra that might indicate the reason for the crash I would be most thankfull.

P.S. thanks for a beautifull looking OS

Happened to me again just now I uninstalled the ATI proprietary drivers and running with the kernel driver. Anybody knows how to look at where log files will indicate what is causing this?
    Last edited by Snowhog; Apr 29, 2012, 12:15 PM. Reason: When replying to your own post, please don't quote it.

Comment

I had to install ubuntu over kubuntu, could not get any work done with the freezes Whish I knew which log files to look at to get an indication of why this is happening. Maybe kdm is crashing? maybe X?

If anybody here has any ideas of where to get log files or enable logging to catch this damn bug it will be much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X