This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Distro!

I arrived at Kubuntu as by way of Ubuntu Lucid >> Ubuntu Hardy >> Xandros. I'm very happy with the experience so far. My system is very old, but runs 12.04 smoothly with all effects turned on (Athlon XP Barton, Radeon 3850 AGP, 2 GB RAM). I've been a refugee searching for a new distro since the Unity / Gnome 3 debacle. Playing around with KDE 4 and I feel very comfortable with it now. I wanted a distro with Debian / APT roots and I like the refinements and automation that Ubuntu has to offer. I tried Mint (Cinammon & Mate), which were OK, but didn't feel quite right. Kubuntu 12.04 feels good so far and I suspect I've found a new home.

Well done to all the contributors for a fine distribution!

Welcome to our forum! Do stick around...we're a fun bunch.

Comment

I'll echo SRs welcome!

woodsmoke
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

... a funny bunch, at least.

Welcome!
        I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Yes welcome to the community. A lot of people are leaving gnome 3 and Unity and finding out how good Kubuntu is. This community is growing.

Comment

Ditto all of the above and welcome to the party
            HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
            4 GB Ram
            Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Welcome, Compurex1. "I've been a refugee searching for a new distro since the Unity / Gnome 3 debacle. Playing around with KDE 4 and I feel very comfortable with it now. I wanted a distro with Debian / APT roots and I like the refinements and automation that Ubuntu has to offer. I tried Mint ..."

Your experience and goal are familiar here, a common and shared history!
              An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Cheers, welcome aboard

Comment

Welcome to KFN. We are an interesting collection of Kubuntu enthusiasts. I hope you find us a good bunch to be a part of.
                  Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                  "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Welcome!

You know Kubuntu is good when a bunch of old geezers like me can run it!
                    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Welcome!

You know Kubuntu is good when a bunch of old geezers that have seen it all prefer to run it!

Comment

Welcome and Cheers!

Comment

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

I can't say that I'll be around the forums as much as the veterans, but I'll try and help out as much as I can (I'm no expert).

Here's my first contribution... I stumbled across a nice solution for those left out in the cold when Mesa 3D 8.0+ dropped support for older graphics cards:

http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthr...-DRI-libraries

Comment

Working...
                          X