This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu 12.04 IceWM-Rox just for fun

I always install IceWM just to have a backup DE should the need arise.

But after getting bored with the stability of kde I started wondering how far could I get with the IceWM environment?

First addition was Rox-Filer for an active desktop and appearance. Sweet really.

Then find a nice theme for IceWM not too hard.

Then I noticed if I started krunner most of kde could be launched either at start or on-demand.

I run mmaker at startup to update the menu with new apps.

What next any ideas?

Running at 85% free memory just browsing and tinkering.

Sure I have no cube to spin while pondering lifes unanswered questions but... I did kill the better part of a couple of days.

To those who wonder what Kubuntu has to offer... More then Cubes & wobbly windows.

Originally posted by sixonetonoffun View Post
    But after getting bored with the stability of kde
    LOL

Rox-Filer for an active desktop
    That thing is still maintained?

Comment

I think its actually still pretty big in light DE & WM crowd. AntiX ect... Gets the job done.

No comment on the gethosts.desktop file? Works nice for my mobile connection where cron isn't well timely. Thanks for that one!

Truth is I like some Bells & Whistles. I used cairo-dock to get lancelot working from Ice but cairo-ice don't play real nice always fighting for control. Have to dumb one or the other down a little n see if that helps.

Comment

No comment on the gethosts.desktop file? Works nice for my mobile connection where cron isn't well timely. Thanks for that one!
        Oh, I didn't notice that at first! Is that my ad blocking gethosts script?

Comment

Yes it is! From Script to automate building an adblocking hosts file wouldn't leave 127.0.0.1 without it.

Comment

Cool! Glad you find it useful.

Comment

Working...
            X