This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12.04 startup screen is awesome

I just want to say: Over all my years of computing (starting on the Commodore 64), I have seen many OS startup screens, and I have never been so in love with any of them as I am with the Kubuntu 12.04 startup screen. I LOVE THIS SPLASH IMAGE! The beautifully-textured background, a solitary Kubuntu gear logo in the center and the progress dots. It has a great look to it, and I love seeing it every time I start up my computer.

I wish I knew the artist who designed this so I could pass on my praise to him or her.

Really? I think its crap to be honest. The entire KDE theme in KDE 4 is awful. bands of different shades of gray originating from a corner?? Really?? Is that all youve got? A colorblind, dyslexic kindergarten student could have done better.

Comment

I'm not talking about the color-band part (KDM & post-login splash), I'm talking about the image between grub and login. Anyway, I guess aesthetic tastes are just too subjective to please everyone.

Comment

Actually, I quite like the new boot splash too.

Comment

Me too.
          I also like this classy grey theme, yes it is minimalistic but in my view that's how it should be, solid and reliable not flashy and distracting.

Comment

Working...
          X