This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not only did 12.04 install nicely...

everything works and NOTHING is misbehaving, nice job and thank you Kubuntu team.

My rig specs: Intel Quad Core 2 (@2.83GHz), 8GB Kingston Hyper X, Gigabyte EP45-UD3R mobo, 4x320GB SATA 'II' Raid 0 (Kunbuntu's 'home'), 500GB storage drive (and a 16GB USB stick for extra backup of critical files), GeForce 9500GT, LG Flatron EW234 HD monitor, 16x DVD writer, Logitech webcam, Brother HL-1435 printer, etc.

Built my rig myself, almost time for a new one, lol.

same here - a fresh install of 64 bit version onto a new partition and everything worked straight off. I stopped nepomuk/akonadi as I didn't like the slowdown of the system it caused in earlier versions; perhaps it all works well now but I have not tried it out.

I expected to spend at least a few days using the older version on another partition to get work done whilst setting up 12.04 in the evenings but it was ready in a few hours. Thanks to all who put it together.

Comment

Originally posted by lantern View Post
      I stopped nepomuk/akonadi as I didn't like the slowdown of the system it caused in earlier versions
      Me too, I used a package called something like 'low-fat-kde' but had to turn a few things back on, lol, didn't want anorexic KDE either, heh.

Correction: the actual package name is kubuntu-low-fat-settings.
      Last edited by tek_heretik; May 05, 2012, 03:53 PM. Reason: Correct package name

Comment

OK Totally random and probably not the way to do it but I installed ubuntu and then did install kde-desktop turned off nepomuk/akonadi too and its really good - really quick - really stable - just wanted to see what it looked and felt like and am thinking of just keeping it like this...

edit - OK I have now done a clean fresh install of Kubuntu and its just as fast, stable and very very nice. Thanks Guys and Gals
        Last edited by zebedeeboss; May 06, 2012, 01:35 AM.
        To understand true frustration, one must only go so far as to install Linux!!! and then came Kubuntu and the World is at peace again

Comment

Working...
        X