This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't upgrade from Oneiric

I want to upgrade from (fully updated) Oneiric Kubuntu to Precise. But neither Synaptic nor Muon seems to know that Precise even exists. I've tried (as superuser):

apt-get update
    do-release-upgrade -d

But I still get the message "No new release found".

What am I missing?

Check your Software Sources > Updates > Release upgrade. Is it set to Long term support releases only.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

"Show new distribution releases" is set to "Long term support releases only". I've tried it the other way too, with "Normal releases". Neither works.

I've updated everything in sight with both Synaptic and Muon. Also "apt-get update", "apt-get upgrade", and "apt-get dist-upgrade". No errors or indication that there's anything left to update or upgrade.
      Last edited by pwabrahams; Jun 06, 2012, 10:46 AM.

Comment

You can do it the 'tinkerers way' and edit your /etc/apt/sources.list file, replacing each occurrence of oneiric with precise. Do the same to any *buntu .list files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ and comment the entries in any of the non-*ubuntu sources files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d directory. Save and close the edited files. Open a console and run:
        Code:
        sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
        This should work for you just fine.

Once you are upgraded to Precise, you can uncomment the non-*buntu sources .list files and replace each occurrence of
        oneiric with precise. Then again, in a console, run:
        Code:
        sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
        Code:
        [COLOR=#333333][/COLOR]

Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X