X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant upgrade from 10.04

Hello,

i am upgrading smoothly from 11.10 in my pc, but the kpackagekit installed on my netbook with 10.04 is not detecting the release upgrade.
    Moreover, the command line do-release-upgrade says there is no new release.

Anybody knows how can i do the upgrade?

Thanks
    Kubuntu 15.10 - Asus All-in-one (i3, 4GB ram)

I am also having the same problem. This is x86. This was originally a 9.10 ubuntu. Then Upgraded to 10.04 Ubuntu. Then I just converted over to Kubuntu.

Comment

Did you run it as:

sudo apt-get update
      sudo do-release-upgrade

We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Solved!

All LTS release detects a new version only after the first "new version of it" (12.04.1, in this case). That is why do-release-upgrade under 10.04 is not detecting 12.04.

In order to solve this problem, you should only add a "-d" parameter on do-release-upgrade.
        Problem solved, upgrading running right now!
        Kubuntu 15.10 - Asus All-in-one (i3, 4GB ram)

Comment

Originally posted by trintadosete View Post
          Solved!

All LTS release detects a new version only after the first "new version of it" (12.04.1, in this case). That is why do-release-upgrade under 10.04 is not detecting 12.04.

In order to solve this problem, you should only add a "-d" parameter on do-release-upgrade.
          Problem solved, upgrading running right now!
          Hi,

I've tried this (sudo do-release-upgrade -d -c) from my 10.04.4 system, and it tells me I can only upgrade to Maverick (10.10?), not Pangolin.

Comment

You will be much better off dist-upgrading one version at a time. Will take longer, but it is 'safer'.
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
            X