This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installer crashed

Hmm... It seemed like the install was going just fine and then I get an 'Installer Crashed' and simply told to file a bug report ( ubuntu-bug ubiquity)

Unfortunately I can't file this bug because when I reboot and I go to 'try kubuntu' I get to a login screen with a user name and password. The user name and password I specified during the failed installation process doesn't work.

Any ideas?

OK, just solved by dropping to terminal. Filed the bug report.

An error I frequently get which I think may be the issue is that "your system partition has less than 0 MB of free space available, which leads to problems using applications and installing updates. Please free some space".

How can I do this? I'm not sure what I can/should delete to free up this space. Thank you for the help.

Comment

I thought I would try the wipe and reinstall but during the Kubuntu install but now I'm getting a ubi-partman failed with exit code 10 error.... arg.

Comment

befor you use the installer try the partition manager in the live cd to prepare the partition ....then run the installer .

I have never had good luck with using the installer to manipulate a partition ........just to tell it to use this one

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks vinny, Im trying to erase the partitions use KDE partition manage - I erased the Kubuntu partitions but am still getting error code 10. I suppose I will remove all partitions and then start from scratch.

Comment

I have separate /boot and /home partitions. I also have a "spare" installation of Kubuntu running on an eSATA drive (where I'm typing this from). I boot the "spare", use partition editor to wipe the previous /boot partition on my main drive, copy my /home folder to the eSATA (just in case), then tell it to install using /boot and don't format /home.

So far that's worked all but one time when something happened to /home and I had to start over and wipe that out too. Fortunately I had all my /home folder stuff backed up to the eSATA drive.

Comment

Solved

Originally posted by reikimaster View Post
              I have separate /boot and /home partitions. I also have a "spare" installation of Kubuntu running on an eSATA drive (where I'm typing this from). I boot the "spare", use partition editor to wipe the previous /boot partition on my main drive, copy my /home folder to the eSATA (just in case), then tell it to install using /boot and don't format /home.

So far that's worked all but one time when something happened to /home and I had to start over and wipe that out too. Fortunately I had all my /home folder stuff backed up to the eSATA drive.
              I solved this by deleting the kubuntu paritions using partition manager and then allowing the installer to make the paritions. for some reason when I pre-made the paritions using the kde partition manager it had a hard time finding them. A little weird but so far 12.04 seems great. Damn I love repositories.
              Last edited by Snowhog; Apr 28, 2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X