Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to install KDE 4.10s display manager in 12.04?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to install KDE 4.10s display manager in 12.04?

Hi all,

I have been struggling to get automatic screen switching to work in Kubuntu 12.04 for a few days now and i just found out its been solved as part of KDE 4.10. I am aware that Kubuntu 13.04 uses 4.10 (and in fact i test that this works with a live cd), but i really want to avoid installing it over 12.04 because i feel it is way too buggy compared to the stability of 12.04.

For this reason, is there any way to get the display manager found in KDE 4.10 working in Kubuntu 12.04?

Thanks in advance!
    Mike

EDIT: Would something like this be available from the backports?
    Last edited by KillaW0lf04; Aug 29, 2013, 11:06 AM.

I did a quick Google search.

http://www.webupd8.org/2013/02/upgra...untu-1210.html
    How to upgrade to KDE 4.10 in Kubuntu 12.04 or 12.10

Before adding the PPA, please note that according to the PPA description, the packages in the Kubuntu Backports PPA might not be tested enough yet, so you may encounter bugs!

The Kubuntu backports PPA provides the latest KDE SC 4.10 for (K)Ubuntu 12.10 and 12.04 (I've only tested it in Kubuntu 12.10). To add the PPA use the following commands:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
    sudo apt-get update

Then, open the Update Manager, make SURE all the packages are selected and install all the available updates. Alternatively, you can also upgrade using the following command (I've stopped using it in posts because on systems with broken packages it can remove packages that's not supposed to):

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    Rob

Comment

Actually if you enable The Kubuntu backports PPA now you will get KDE-4.11 in 12.04 or 12.10

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
      X