X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuck opening large tiffs

Hi all,

I have a problem. I tried opening a 1.1 GB tiff of an aerial photo by clicking it once. Nothing happened. I tried again. Then one more time. Then, after a while, three instances of ImageMagick started all trying to open the same file. I've got 32 bit Kubuntu 12.04 installed so I believe that means I can only use 4 of the 6 gigs of ram I have. Regardless, RAM use climbed, system crashed...no prob, just reboot right? Wrong! The default session management settings have my system automatically trying to start the same programs that were running prior to reboot!!! So it picks up right where it left off, heading for crashville. WTF!
    My question: is there a config file or something I can edit from the recovery console to set the session management settings to "Start with empty session" ? I've found lots of how-tos for doing this from the GUI before you get into the mess I'm in by opening System Settings > Advanced > Session Management, change the setting to "Start with an empty session", but this doesn't help me. I'm almost ready to do a full re-install but would rather not...

Thanks in advance.

The login mode and the saved session state is saved to the ~/.kde/share/config/ksmserverrc.

You could edit or rename/remove it.

Login modes:
    Code:
    loginMode=restorePreviousLogout
    loginMode=restoreSavedSession
    loginMode=default
    The 'default' is the 'Start with an empty session'.
    A good place to start: Topic: Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers
    Searching FAQ's: Google Search 'FAQ from Kubuntuforums'

Comment

Working...
    X