Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help. The latest backports upgrade uninstalled half of KDE.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help. The latest backports upgrade uninstalled half of KDE.

With 12.04 and backports of the latest KDE, I've been enjoying the most rock solid slickest computing environment I've ever had.

Yesterday I did the update to 4.10.2 from 4.10.1. All seemingly went well. At some point I go to use kdesudo, "not found". Go to install it, Muon not found. Turns out all kinds of things are not installed that used to be. Ktorrent, the whole Caligra suite. I can't figure out a pattern. Looked through Muon I couldn't find a meta package that would include those things. Stupidly I installed some thing like kde-full and watched all kinds of things I don't want get installed. This morning my panel is from a different theme.

I was really planning on trying to keep this system with 12,04 for a long time. What might have happened? Did anyone else notice something with the backports to 4.10.2?

Is there any way to fix this, find out a list of what's missing? Do I just keep installing as I notice it? Muon wouldn't work until I went into the menu and added run as a different user, now it works, but it uses the theme from the root user, it didn't do that before. Do I have an underground problem now?

I think:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop
    will restore the missing packages.

Comment

Thanks, that was one of the packages missing. It installed many of them back. I found a history in Muon. I could set it to yesterday and then it lets you narrow that down to installs/removals/updates.. So looking at removals I can see the long list of packages that were uninstalled. Muon is a nice program. KDE should consider making it part of SC.

Comment

Working...
      X