This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owenspa View Post
    Aah, I think I'll reappraise my backup situation. Always best to stand back for a bit. My mirrored disk is getting
    a little out-of date.
    O yes by all means make sure you have all your data off their befor you do it ,,,, sory I should have sead that as well but you came across as someone that would know that

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Yep. Thanks for your help. I'll post the result in the next day or so. I have some other users to consider also.

Comment

I have a list of all the kubuntu packages from http://www.psychocats.net/ununtu/pureubuntuprecise
        I'll try using that next week.

Comment

I've done the re-install using the list of packages from psychocats. It of course collected the upgrade to 12.04.2.
          MADE ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE, that I can fathom. Session still crashes with segfault:11 for krunner and plasma-desktop.

Comment

Not only that, but drkonqi crashes when I try to report these bugs...

Comment

is xfce still working for you?

VINNY
              i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
              16GB RAM
              Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Yep. Seems to be operating as if I had made no changes.

Hang on, I withdraw that. Just had a wierd problem with "sed" in a makefile. Strange message about an "invalid reference" in a "-e expression".
                The make file has been in use for months, a reboot saw the message go away!

Nothing in the log files indicates a hardware problem.

I think I'm screwed again. I'm pretty much tired of this, may go over to the semi-dark side and throw money at a Mac. Can't take it with me...:-)

Comment

Working...
                X