X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't do updates Bad File name

"E: Internal Error, No file name for libapt-pkg4.12"

That is the error I get. The update icon has been in the corner for a while and decided to update. I can't due to this error. Searched for a solution but couldn't find anything concrete. Anyone else? Thanks!

Edit: Maybe a variation of this will help me? https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...pt/+bug/945722
    Last edited by MoonRise; Oct 06, 2012, 07:02 AM.

Never mind. In my attempt to fix I have severely crippled APT so it looks as though I'll just reinstall. Needed to anyway. Maybe 12.10? Need to go look at what experiences testers have had on the latest release.

Comment

If the APT system is broke, can't you just re-install it? Surely it would be better than installing from scratch again then taking hours or days setting it up to how you want it.

Comment

Doesn't take me hours. Besides I do that all the time testing things out. I regularly break things playing around. I would like to know what the issue was with that APT package other than that no harm on my end. Gives me the excuse now to go to 12.10! Live and Learn!

Comment

See [SOLVED] E: Internal Error, No file name for libapt-pkg4.12

I'm running 12.10 3.5.0-17-generic #27-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 5 01:36:06 UTC 2012 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux on my aging Toshiba laptop using btrfs. Works great.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Actually followed that one without luck It started cascading from there for me which resulted in APT being just , well, non functional and it is very hard to recover from that! So, 12.10 here I come. Already burned and ready to go!

Comment

Ahhhh, back up and going but on 12.10. Nice release for a Beta!

Comment

Working...
              X