Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you really don't want to have neopmuk take up resources then use system settings to disable it (see my previous post in this thread) . removing it is going to break your "kubuntu-desktop" meta package and you can have some serious issues on upgrades. to fix your machine reinstall the kubuntu-desktop package and you should be alright .

sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop from the cli
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

From Kubuntuguide:

http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Kubuntu_...uk_.2F_Akonadi

or

http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Kubuntu_...uk_.2F_Akonadi

Strigi / Nepomuk / Akonadi

Nepomuk is a background indexing service that examines files and stores information about them in a database. It takes CPU cycles to run. Akonadi stores PIM (personal information, e.g. address books, etc.) and is also available to a search query. Strigi is the client application that accesses the index database to perform a search. It is accessed as the "Search" bar of the Dolphin file manager or of the Konqueror browser. To turn the services on or off or to adjust the cache/database size:

K menu -> Settings -> System Settings -> Advanced -> Desktop Search

Disable AkonadiTray

The KDE Plasma / System Tray widget AkonadiTray does not display correctly on my system. (I do not use Akonadi and have it turned off, but AkonadiTray appears anyway.) The solution is to merely rename the akonaditray module:

sudo mv /usr/bin/akonaditray /usr/bin/akonaditray.bak

Other search apps

These apps do not rely on an index database (so that the CPU-intensive indexing apps can be turned off). However, they therefore take longer to examine the computer during a search.

KFind, for KDE4 ( sudo apt-get install kfind )
      Searchmonkey, which is Gtk-based ( sudo apt-get install searchmonkey )

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
      and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

Working...
      X