This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kickoff Launcher loses its arrows

Generally very pleased with 12.04 on my Asus netbook. I am using the desktop interface, not the netbook one.

One problem that showed immediately (clean install) was the way Kickoff loses its arrows for forward and return after one excursion in the menu. For example, I want to go to Applications -> Office -> Libre Office. On the first, forward trip all of the arrows are there. At the destination, arrows have gone.

I had no problems with Kubuntu 11.04 on the same machine. Have gone back to the classic menu for now, but Kickoff is better use of space on a netbook.

The arrows in the final menu are gone by design. Instead, look in the upper-right corner where you will see the title 'breadcrums' that are 'hyperlinks'.

And, Welcome to Kubuntu Forums. Hope you like what we have to offer.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      The arrows in the final menu are gone by design. Instead, look in the upper-right corner where you will see the title 'breadcrums' that are 'hyperlinks'.

And, Welcome to Kubuntu Forums. Hope you like what we have to offer.
      Speedy answer, Snowhog, thanks! Now I see the breadcrumbs - definitely wasn't expecting that in a menu.

I've been lurking here for nearly a year, and picked up masses of help in various threads.

Comment

Originally posted by tunnel-prot View Post
        I've been lurking here for nearly a year, and picked up masses of help in various threads.
        Glad that KFN has been helpful to you. That's what we are here for.

Don't be a stranger.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X