Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wireless keeps asking me for a secrets password and won't connect after installation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless keeps asking me for a secrets password and won't connect after installation.

Odd little bug but kinda serious for me I guess, Everything was working fine running from a live USB, but after installation I can't connect to wireless because of this.

Set up my wireless connection like always in Kubuntu, but now it just will not let me authenticate to my network....It asked to allow for access to the Wallet, clicked the allow always option, acts like it wants to connect and authenticate, then it keeps asking me for the secrets password?

I can't be the only person this is happening to right?

Make sure it's looking for the correct type of password. Sometimes it's a passphrase, sometimes it's a long string of alpha/numerics for an encryption key, and sometimes it's not telling you exactly what it's looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by cptrohn View Post
      Set up my wireless connection like always in Kubuntu, but now it just will not let me authenticate to my network....It asked to allow for access to the Wallet, clicked the allow always option, acts like it wants to connect and authenticate, then it keeps asking me for the secrets password?
      In case you don't use KWallet for anything else maybe you'd care to turn it off and not get bugged whenever you want to connect to Internet.
      Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

Originally posted by rms View Post
        In case you don't use KWallet for anything else maybe you'd care to turn it off and not get bugged whenever you want to connect to Internet.
        KWallet is SO intrusive to me that I uninstalled it using PURGE.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by rms View Post
          You can configure the network manager to just not use kwallet, then it doesn't matter if you use it for anything else or not. Also doing this makes sure that it stores the passwords unencrypted rather then failing to store them in kwallet (not sure how that fail over works).

As for the actual question, can you give us more info such as what encryption you are using?

Comment

Are you using WPA/WPA2? This could be the same issue I'm having here. What wifi card are you on? Do an 'lspci'.

Comment

Working...
            X