X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grub Not Detecting Windows

Hello,

I had a problem while installing, couldn't detect 1st drive "http://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php?58445-Not-Detecting-1st-Hard-Drive"

After using "Dibl"'s advice and using alternate cd I managed to install.

After booting to Linux I try to run "update-grub2" but this is what I get.

I'm also wondering, I used to use "Startup manager" in Ubuntu, where can I find that?

=======
    xirex@xirex-kubuntu-desktop:~$ sudo update-grub2
    Generating grub.cfg ...
    Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-3.2.0-23-generic-pae
    Found initrd image: /boot/initrd.img-3.2.0-23-generic-pae
    Found memtest86+ image: /boot/memtest86+.bin
    ERROR: isw: wrong number of devices in RAID set "isw_bcgbbiecag_Volume0" [1/2] on /dev/sda
    done
    xirex@xirex-kubuntu-desktop:~$
    =======

I just installed 12.04 on my netbook that I dual boot XP. (One partitioned hard drive) It worked fine and installed GRUB. I did have to manually set the /boot, /, /home and swap partitions tho.
    Do you have Windows installed on a different hard drive?
    Last edited by ICMike; Apr 29, 2012, 07:38 AM.
    Dell Inspiron 531/AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 4GB RAM/GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
    Kubuntu 16.04
    "I have a problem with the fact that they just make really 3rd rate products." Steve Jobs on Microsoft. From “Triumph of the Nerds"

Comment

Check to see if os-prober in installed. Having it installed will allow GRUB to detect Windows (any version) after using "sudo update-grub".
      The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Working...
      X