This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearly flawless

I found the upgrade from 11.10 to be clean and problem free... almost. The only problem that I have noticed so far is that Shisen-Sho reacts incredibly slowly to tile selections for removal: nearly 10 seconds from the initial pair of clicks before the tiles finally disappear. This is a giant problem for the game; one small flaw for linux user-kind. Everything else so far appears to be working very well.

Thanks for all of your hard work! (What? No beer icon!) These will have to do: B B B B

Wish I could tell the same about upgrade. I had to go away at half finnished process so, it was kinda unattended. When I did return I've found that mouse was dead (which is something I haven't seen in years) and networking all gone.

Sending this from Mandriva, I'll try now a fresh install.

Edit: Fresh install went Ok, the snappiness of Precise is remarkable. +1
    Last edited by rms; Apr 28, 2012, 08:13 AM.
    Ok, got it: Ashes come from burning.

Comment

I also did a fresh install and with fresh I really mean fresh. I booted the live DVD, removed everything from my home folder on the hard disk with the exception of my own personal data: music, movies, documents. This way all former KDE settings were gone.
      Installed PP on the same partition as the former OS was placed, of course with formatting it first and in 1/4 hour I was back on line. Now with the new OS.
      Yes, it is very snappy, shutting down takes me 3 seconds or so. It's so much faster than what it used to be.
      I am very happy with it, especially since it is an LTS version which will last 5 years.

Comment

I too found that Shisen-Sho is responding very slowly, but only on my wife's computer. Both systems are running AMD processors, 8Gb of ram, and 2Tb hard drives.
        Both systems were fresh installs to new drives using a CD. No problems during either instal.
        Anyone want to suggest some troubleshooting to determine the problem with her copy of the game?

Comment

Working...
        X