X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gadmin in 14.04 x64

Cannot find a way to install gadmin in 14.04 x64

Something similar would be fine as well. Just trying to make setting ftp accounts for kids easier. Already have apache and noip set up. Now just need a way for them to ftp files from their computers to the server.

They could make them on the server, but that won't be possible when they are on their own

What about something simple, like wput ? It's in the repository. Want a gui? Filezilla is in the repository also.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Dolphin>network>add network folder>FTP>fill in info>save and conect.

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
        Dolphin>network>add network folder>FTP>fill in info>save and conect.

VINNY
        Neat VINNY! I've been using Dolphin for years and never played with the "Network" folder. You just taught this old dog a new trick! Thanks!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          Neat VINNY! I've been using Dolphin for years and never played with the "Network" folder. You just taught this old dog a new trick! Thanks!
          works well with SSH as well

VINNY
          16GB RAM

Comment

Connected to the network folder but it wouldn't let me write. Trying to teach son how to ftp files to the server since he'll have to do that if he has off-site server in the future. Most likely the case when he moves out. Been using filezilla for years. modiified the proftpd.conf file to allow users to ftp to their home dir. Seems to be working fine. Now how do I redirect raymond folder to his public_html? Right now set to subfolder raymond under /var/www/html

Comment

system link ,,,,drag and drop ,,,drop it,,,,,,chose "link hear" ,,,,,,,I think apache follows links by default ,,,,but if not their is a setting in it's config to allow it ,,,dont remember where exactly.

VINNY
              16GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                system link ,,,,drag and drop ,,,drop it,,,,,,chose "link hear" ,,,,,,,I think apache follows links by default ,,,,but if not their is a setting in it's config to allow it ,,,dont remember where exactly.

VINNY
                Didn't think of linking,although I should have. Should really learn virtual servers and such though. Do it the easy way, then learn the other way

Comment

Working...
                X