X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your password will expire in x days

Hi,

I have Ubuntu 12.04, install kde and when i log in (Windows domais account) i receive the message"your password will expire in x days". I dont mind with that message but my ubuntu is in portuguese and the message not. Help please

Thanks,
    Sérgio Marques

System Settings --> Locale --> Country tab (set your country) & Language tab (set your language)
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      System Settings --> Locale --> Country tab (set your country) & Language tab (set your language)
      That doesn´t work. I set my language to portuguese and the message of expired password is in eng. Can I edit this message?

Thanks,
      Sérgio Marques

Comment

Originally posted by sergiofm View Post
        I have Ubuntu 12.04, install kde and when i log in (Windows domais account) i receive the message"your password will expire in x days".
        I am very curious as to why you mention "Windows domain account." It implies that your user account is not local to your machine but instead is managed by a Windows domain controller. Such integration would typically happen only in a corporate setting, where an organization has deployed Microsoft Active Directory and implemented some kind of integration service. These include Samba 3.x with Winbind, Samba 4.0, Centrify, Likewise, and BeyondTrust.

Can you describe your environment in more detail?

Comment

Originally posted by sergiofm View Post
          That doesn´t work. I set my language to portuguese and the message of expired password is in eng. Can I edit this message?

Thanks,
          Sérgio Marques
          Perhaps you are not accessing the local settings with root permission? Open a Konsole and enter
          kdesudo systemsettings
          and retry the change I recommended.

But, I'm wondering what Steve is possible thinking about, that your machine is in a corporate environment where changes to the platform by users are blocked or reversed?
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
          X