X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bridge networking on 12.04

Hi Guys,

I want to set up to use KVM for virtualization on my 12.04 host. I've done it a heap of times on Ubuntu server where the networking is handled by the normal /etc/network/interfaces file and its all pretty simple, but how do I set up a bridged network using network-manager?

I've done some looking on the interwebs and not turned up much that seems to point me in the right direction.

Any ideas?

I need to set up br0 with eth0 in it (or wlan0 depending on the network I'm using at the time).

Ta

Peter.

Maybe Network Interfaces Bridging
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks Snowhog, that did the trick indeed. I think I saw this before, but once I saw the /etc/network/interfaces bit I stopped reading it properly and looked for other answers.

Big help and all working now (although dns needs to be handled manually which is a bit of a pain).

Peter.

Comment

Glad it worked. As to the dns issue, 'stay tuned' as they say, to this thread. Very likely that you'll get suggestions/answers to that as well.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by pnunn View Post
          although dns needs to be handled manually which is a bit of a pain
          Could you elaborate a bit more?

Comment

Sorry Guys, I restarted this morning and the dns came up just fine along with the bridge, so I'm not sure what the story was yesterday.

Thanks all very much for the support, it's what makes this distro so fantastic to use.

Peter.

Comment

Working...
            X