This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless connection problem in Kubuntu 12.04

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. I can normally find some solution by Googling around, but this time I cannot solve it myself .

I cannot connect to the WIFI in one certain location. In all other locations I have tried, it has worked without any problems. I noticed that the problem network was originally encrypted with WEP, and I read that that could cause problems, so I changed it to WPA-Personal. I was advised by the tech-support for the ISP that they cannot guarantee that all would be ok with WPA2, so they suggested that I select WPA instead.

The problem remains however. I am really confused, because the icon shows that it is connected with a very strong signal. I also installed wicd (using apt-get in the konsole) as I read that that could help the situation, but that has also not helped. Of note, the wired ethernet connection is working flawlessly.

If anyone could help me with this then I would be very grateful.

Just to add to this, I have a Sony Vaio VPCS13C5E and the router that I having the problems with is a DSL-2680, if there is any other information that I could provide to elucidate the issue, then please just let me know.
    Last edited by Guest; Jun 02, 2012, 12:07 PM. Reason: adding extra information

Ok... after all of this, I have actually solved it. After finding that my phone wouldn't connect on the WPA...I decided to just use the WPA-2... and that solved it instantly. Ah well... given me the new experience of posting in a Kubuntu forum at least!

Comment

Finding the solution on ones own is an empowering thing. Glad you found a solution. And, welcome to KFN!
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X